To disable text selection highlighting in Google Chrome browser using CSS just set -user-select CSS property to none. And no prefix is required for Google Chrome and Opera Browsers.
How do I turn off highlighting text?
Remove highlighting from part or all of a document
- Select the text that you want to remove highlighting from, or press Ctrl+A to select all of the text.
- Go to Home and select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color.
- Select No Color.
How do I disable text in CSS?
CSS cannot disable the textbox, you can however turn off display or visibility. you can disable via css: pointer-events: none; Doesn’t work everywhere though.
How do I turn off cursor selection?
In the bottom right corner of the settings menu select Change PC Settings. In the PC Settings Menu select Ease of Access. In the Ease of Access Menu select Other Options. At the bottom of the page in the Visual Options section see the Cursor Thickness Slider and slide it all the way to the left.
How do you make CSS not selectable?
How to make div or text in html unselectable using CSS
- For Mozilla firefox browser. -moz-user-select: none; …
- For Windows Internet Explorer (ie) browsers. -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; …
- For Opera desktop and web browsers. -o-user-select: none;; user-select: none;
How do I select non selectable text?
- Right click on the text (that is should be selected)
- Inspect Element or CTRL + SHIFT + I.
- On the right screen from the CSS properties find: user-select.
- Uncheck it.
How do you delete an element in CSS?
If you don’t want an element to display on an element at all, you can set the value of the display property to none. The following style rule hides an element on a web page: display: none; When you set the value of display to none, the affected element will disappear.
How do I change vertical align?
The vertical-align property can be used in two contexts:
- To vertically align an inline element’s box inside its containing line box. For example, it could be used to vertically position an image in a line of text.
- To vertically align the content of a cell in a table.
How do I disable editing in CSS?
How do I change my custom cursor back to normal?
To change the mouse pointer (cursor) image:
- In Windows, search for and open Change how the mouse pointer looks.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Pointers tab. To choose a new pointer image: In the Customize box, click the pointer function (such as Normal Select), and click Browse. …
- Click OK to save your changes.