How do I weight text in CSS?
font-weight: 400 is supposed to be equal to normal , while 700 is equal to bold . Finally there are the relative values bolder and lighter that make a bit of text one step bolder or lighter than the default weight (which in turn depends on the absolute font-weight value you defined).
What does font weight do in CSS?
The font-weight CSS property sets the weight (or boldness) of the font. The weights available depend on the font-family that is currently set.
How do you make text bold in CSS?
To define bold text in a CSS rule:
- font-weight: Type the property name font-weight, followed by a colon (:).
- bolder; Type the value for the font-weight property, using one of these options (Table 3.7): Table 3.7. font-weight Values. Value. Compatibility. normal. IE4, N4, S1, O3.5, CSS1. bold. IE3, N4, S1, O3.5, CSS1. lighter.
What is the maximum font weight?
font-weight valid range is 100 – 900.
Why is font-weight not working?
Its because the font size (9px) is too small to display bold. Try 11px or more and it works fine. Most browsers don’t fully support the numerical values for font-weight . … If you need something bolder then you might want to try using a different font that’s bolder than your existing one.
How do you change font in CSS?
How to Change the Font With CSS
- Locate the text where you want to change the font. …
- Surround the text with the SPAN element: This text is in Arial
- Add the attribute style=”” to the span tag: This text is in Arial
- Within the style attribute, change the font using the font-family style.
What is medium weight font?
Medium. 600. Semi Bold (Demi Bold) 700. Bold.
Is bold a font style in CSS?
Bold or light text. font-weight , font-style , font-variant , and text-transform . Font weight can also be specified as part of the font shorthand property.
|normal||Standard weight. Equivalent of 400 .|
|bold||Bold weight. Equivalent of 700 .|
|bolder||Bolder than the inherited font weight.|
How can you bold the font style?
Select the text that you want to make bold, and do one of the following:
- Move your pointer to the Mini toolbar above your selection and click Bold .
- Click Bold in the Font group on the Home tab.
- Type the keyboard shortcut: CTRL+B.
Is 600 A bold?
600 – Semi Bold (Demi Bold) 700 – Bold. 800 – Extra Bold (Ultra Bold) 900 – Black (Heavy)
Which is the font style?
In a web browser, font style is a CSS (custom style sheet) property used in HTML and ASP.NET programming, defining the font style for text. There are four possible options for font style. If font style is not specified, “normal” is the default option. … Italic and oblique are slanted versions of the selected font.