The font-family property is used to change the face of a font.
Which properly is used to specify typefaces?
|Que.||Which property is used to specify typefaces ?|
How do I specify a font in CSS?
How to Change the Font With CSS
- Locate the text where you want to change the font. …
- Surround the text with the SPAN element: <span>This text is in Arial</span>
- Add the attribute style=”” to the span tag: <span style=””>This text is in Arial</span>
- Within the style attribute, change the font using the font-family style.
What is a typeface in CSS?
CSS Fonts is a module of CSS that defines font-related properties and how font resources are loaded. It lets you define the style of a font, such as its family, size and weight, line height, and the glyph variants to use when multiple are available for a single character.
What is CSS text property?
The text-decoration property is used to underline, overline, and strikethrough text. … The text-transform property is used to capitalize text or convert text to uppercase or lowercase letters. The white-space property is used to control the flow and formatting of text.
How many typefaces are there?
A quick search in MyFonts, the largest distributor of commercial fonts, shows them housing over 130,000 fonts which fall into: Font familes: 36,000+ Type designers: 4,000+ Professional font foundries: 2,700+
Which property is used to specify typefaces Mcq?
Which property is used to specify typefaces ? How many type faces inside property “font-family” ? Question 2 Explanation: The font-family property may use more than one typeface.
How do I use an external font family in CSS?
The @font-face CSS rule explained below is the most common approach for adding custom fonts to a website.
- Step 1: Download the font. …
- Step 2: Create a WebFont Kit for cross-browsing. …
- Step 3: Upload the font files to your website. …
- Step 4: Update and upload your CSS file. …
- Step 5: Use the custom font in your CSS declarations.
How do I use font family in CSS?
The browser will select the first font in the list that is installed or that can be downloaded using a @font-face at-rule. It is often convenient to use the shorthand property font to set font-size and other font related properties all at once.
How do I use Google fonts in CSS?
How to Import Google Fonts in CSS File
- Find the font and click it (a card with the font), then, click “+ Select this style”. …
- Click “Embed” and choose <link> or @import depending on where you need to add the font (in HTML or CSS).
- Copy/paste the codes you need.
What is sans serif in CSS?
They are styles of font. Serif includes small lines, Sans Serif (sans means without) doesn’t include them. They are “system fonts“, the browser will have a default font to use for each type in the system. You don’t have control over them but they are good fallbacks if the font you want isn’t on the users system.
How do I reduce boldness in CSS?
To define bold text in a CSS rule:
- font-weight: Type the property name font-weight, followed by a colon (:).
- bolder; Type the value for the font-weight property, using one of these options (Table 3.7): Table 3.7. font-weight Values. Value. Compatibility. normal. IE4, N4, S1, O3.5, CSS1. bold. IE3, N4, S1, O3.5, CSS1. lighter.
What are the 6 text properties?
There are eight properties that can be used to control text appearance – word-spacing , letter-spacing , text-decoration , vertical-align , text-transform , text-align , text-indent and line-height . Let’s look at each of these properties in turn.
How do you use text property in CSS?
CSS text formatting include following properties:
- Letter spacing.
- Line height.
What are the advantages of using CSS?
Some of the advantages of using CSS are:
- Easier to maintain and update.
- Greater consistency in design.
- More formatting options.
- Lightweight code.
- Faster download times.
- Search engine optimization benefits.
- Ease of presenting different styles to different viewers.
- Greater accessibility.