How do you add an underline to a header?
Underline text or spaces
- Select the text that you want to underline.
- Go to Home > Underline. Or press Ctrl+U.
How do I edit underline in CSS?
In CSS, we will use text-decoration property to style underline. CSS text-decoration-color Property: This property is used to specify the color of decorations (overlines, underlines, and line-throughs) over the text.
How do you add an underline to a header in HTML?
HTML <u> Tag
The <u> tag in HTML stands for underline, and it’s used to underline the text enclosed within the <u> tag. This tag is generally used to underline misspelled words.
How do I insert a horizontal line in a header?
Click and drag the line wherever you want the line to appear. To draw a horizontal, vertical or 45-degree line, hold the “Shift” key while dragging. The line appears when you release the mouse button. If you make a mistake, press “Ctrl-Z” and try again.
How do I add a border to a header in Word?
Add a border to selected text
- Select a word, line, or paragraph.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders button.
- In the Borders gallery, click the border style that you want to apply.
How do you make an underline thicker in CSS?
The text-decoration-thickness CSS property sets the stroke thickness of the decoration line that is used on text in an element, such as a line-through, underline, or overline.
Can I use text-underline-offset?
The text-underline-offset property in CSS sets the distance of text underlines from their initial position. Once you apply an underline for an element using text-decoration with the value of underline, you can say how far that line should be from your text using the text-underline-offset property.
How do you make a line thicker in CSS?
If you want to change the thickness, or height of your horizontal line, add the height property to your <hr> style. In this case, you can also set the background-color property for the thick horizontal line.
How do I draw a diagonal line in CSS?
How to Create Diagonal Lines with CSS
- Step 1: The Markup. …
- Next, only for the layout, let’s apply a background color and a bit of spacing to the body element. …
- Now, we’ll style the anchor tag somewhat — apply a new color, make it bold, add some borders, etc.
How do I create a vertical line in HTML and CSS?
There isn’t any tag to create a vertical line in HTML.
- Method: You load a line image. Then you set its style like “height: 100px ; width: 2px”
- Method: You can use <td> tags <td style=”border-left: 1px solid red; padding: 5px;”> X </td>